Whenever you have installed Microsoft Office on your pc, laptop, or Mac, you see that Excel, PowerPoint, Word, with Outlook. But, Do you know, what is an outlook or how to use it, or Why you should use the outlook. In this article, you learn some things about Microsoft outlook, How to create a shared calendar in outlook, How to create a new calendar in outlook, How to share calendar in outlook and How to create a calendar in outlook for multiple users or How to Create a shared calendar in outlook for multiple users or team on your Pc or Mac.
What is Microsoft Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook is an email client software, which provides the facility of sending and receiving any email account. It means whatever you have an email id like yahoo, Rediff, or Gmail, from this software you can send and receive email. To sending and receiving email through outlook, you must connect your email id with outlook.
There are two types of protocol used in Outlook, First one is POP (POP stands for post office protocol)and the second is IMAP(IMAP stands for Internet Message Access Protocol).
Why should you use Microsoft Outlook?
- In Microsoft Outlook, you can add multiple accounts for sending and receiving emails at one time.
- Its offers 50Gb storage for email storing, Gmail offers only 15GB of storage.
- Outlook offers a junk filter for an unnecessary email, So you can see easily your important email.
- You can write a mail without an internet connection, it will be saved in the draft after whenever you connect to the internet email automatically send to your client.
- You can create a calendar or shared calendar to schedule your event or meeting.
What is Microsoft Outlook Calendar?
Outlook calendar is a calendar that is shared with one or more people. It is a great software or tool for collaboration, productivity, and the development of time management skills. Overall, Outlook calendars are a useful tool for a team or company of any size.
How to Create a Calendar in Outlook
Before creating a calendar or shared calendar in outlook, make sure you have installed Microsoft Outlook on your pc, laptop, or Mac, and You log in with your Microsoft account in outlook.Note-> This Process is similar for both Windows and Mac.
Steps to Create a Calendar in Outlook:
1. Open Outlook on your pc or mac
2. Click the calendar icon in the bottom-left corner of the window that looks like a calendar.
3. Click +Add Calendar in the ribbon > Create New Blank Calendar. (Note->In the classic ribbon, click +Open calendar > Create New Blank Calendar)
4. Write your calendar name. Like the calendar is called Techfixe Editor Calendar.
5. Select where to place the calendar. In this example, the calendar will be a subfolder of the main calendar folder and Click OK.
6. If you want to add events on your calendar, click on New Appointment, New Meeting, or New Items.
Some Useful Articles:
- How to make a post shareable on Facebook
- 5 Best Ways to Send Fax from iPhone or iPad
- How to Delete a page in Google Docs
How to Create Shared Calendar in Outlook
A Shared calendar helps people to for when people are free for the meeting or other events. If you want to create a shared calendar, make sure you have created a calendar(follow the upper process to create a calendar).
Steps to Create Shared Calendar in Outlook:
1. Open Outlook on Your Pc Or Mac
2. Click on the Calendar icon
3. In the manage ribbon click on +Add
4. Click on From Address Book
5. Add users from their name or selecting from the below list
6. Click on Ok
How to Share Calendar in Outlook with Read-Only Access
If you want to share your calendar for only read-only access state, follow the below steps to do it:
1. Click on the Calendar icon and Choose the Calendar You want to share
2. Right-click on that, calendar and Choose Share Option
3. Enter the recipient email id(If you want to permit to recipient edit, delete, or add anything on the calendar, check the circle)
4. Click on Send
How to Share Calendar in Outlook with Delegated Permission and access
To share or, if you want to share your calendar with some permission or access you can define the calendar through edit properties of your calendar, follow the below steps to do it:
1. In the Calendar Section, choose a calendar and right-click on it
2. Click on Properties
3. In the Properties section, click on the Permissions tab.
4. Click on Add
5. You can search for people from your address book or enter their email addresses in the Add box. After adding names in the Add Users dialog box, click on OK.
6. In the Calendar Properties dialog box, select the person’s name or email address, then choose the permission level.
7. Click on Ok
(Note->The user you’ve shared your calendar with will receive a sharing invitation by email. Once the recipient clicks Accept, they’ll see your shared calendar in their calendar list)
How to Share Calendar In Outlook through Email
If you want to share your calendar without any permission, the mean receiver only sees a fixed date or event and don’t able to share or see any updates, you can email your calendar with a specific date range. follow the below steps to do it:
1. Go on Your calendar and right-click on that
2. Click on Share and choose Email Calendar
3. Specify the date range in the calendar Date range box according to your choice
4. Enter the recipient email id and choose the subject if you want
5. Click on Send(recipient see a screenshot of your calendar)
1. How do I create a calendar for multiple users in Outlook?
Ans-> follow the upper steps for creating a calendar for multiple users and add members from the address book or contact list.
2. How do I create a new calendar in Outlook 2021?
Ans-> this article helps you, to create a new calendar in outlook 2021, follow the upper steps of how to create a calendar.
3. How do I add a calendar?
Ans-> Steps to add a calendar: Click on Calendar icon>Click on +Add Calendar>Enter the calendar name>Click ok